Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Wednesday October 16 - Benson AZ to Globe AZ

Busy day. First stop was the Tucson Kawasaki dealer, nice big shop, so they are good with me coming back in March and doing a service, maybe a new front tire before I head back east. The I headed for Biosphere 2. A not so nice little bee decided to hop a ride in my helmet and stung me in the ear so I did the classic pull to the side of the road (I10 interstate) while whacking the side of my helmet. I could not find him and feared the worse (he hid down in my shirt somewhere), but he soon came crawling out of my helmet and wandered off down the side of my tank bag. Back into traffic and part way to Biosphere 2 I decided to backtrack back to get the storage place figured out and to find a motel with airport shuttle Friday morning. Storage guys were very friendly and helpful. Sugars out to $38 a month with $25 setup, so pretty reasonable. Nice nice folks.
Then down the street to a motel close to the airport (I can almost walk to it from the storage place), and good to go there. Feels good to have that all setup.
Now, off to the Biosphere north of Tucson. Univ of Arizona now owns it and they have a nice 1-1/2 hr tour of the insides, even the mechanical rooms underneath it (thing fans, pumps, tanks, vents, computers, etc). Good tour for an engineer. Then north another 100 miles to Globe. The temps were in the 90's today but dropped 15-20 degrees as the sun set and I came down the mountain and into Globe. I have stayed in Globe before so I knew a good Mexican place I could walk to. Irene's did not disappoint with an $8 Fajita special and a cold beer. I am pooped and I think it is time to go home.

Odometer beginning of trip = 35820
Odometer beginning of day = 41033
Odometer end of day = 41247
Miles today = 214
Miles on trip to date = 5427
Travel days = 16
Zero days = 2
Average miles per traveling day = 339

No comments:

Post a Comment