Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tuesday Oct 1 - Vernon to Stroudsburg PA

My brother made pancakes and we looked at the radar and there was rain moving down over the top of us so I decided to wait for it to pass over and then chase it down to Rhode Island. I read some of my book and about 10:30 decided to head out. I did not get wet all day but the road was wet from the rain in front of me. Google took me on some great wiggly, lonely roads the 2 hours down to Rhode Island. Did a quick call in to AER for work (from beside the road), and then headed for Pennsylvania. Google took me on all the back roads which was great, but it was a couple iles on one road and then 5 miles anpther, and then 3 on the next, etc. I saw a sign for I84 and checked the map and it was 2 hours and change to get to PA on the
interstate and 5 hours+ to keep wiggling the back roads, so I decided to do the interstate. about 3 hours later I ended up in PA and stopped to check the motel situation.
My app crashed so I checked around on Google maps and Stroudsburg had a Super 8 and hour away. I pulled in just before the sunset and spent a delightful hour in the Delaware Water Gap park. Too tired to ride anywhere for dinner so I walked next door and got a decent BLT and a cold beer and chatted with a couple electrical contractors who were in town putting in a new shopping center. Rhode Island and Pennsylvania today, hopefully Delaware and West Virginia tomorrow.
Odometer tonight = 36352
Miles today = 323

No comments:

Post a Comment