Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Wednesday Oct 2 - Stroudsburg PA to Morgantown WV via Delaware

Slept like a baby since yesterday was the first long day. A little sore but not bad. Usual crappy Super 8 conti breakfast, and bad coffee so I hit the starter at 8:15. I told Google to get me to Delaware and it took me on highways all the way down through PA. A couple of 10-20 minutes jams (accidents) but I pulled into Delaware at 11:15, found a place to pull off and punched in West Virginia. I ended up spending the rest of the day in Maryland, and what surprise it was. My go to stereotype for MD is suburbs, but it has the same beautiful rolling mountains and gaps that West Virginia has. What I did not count on was it hitting 97 degrees and I spent most of the day above 90 in my heavier motorcycle gear. The mesh jacket is hanging in the garage. Met lots of nice folks who all were surprised I was riding all the way to Arizona,which is kinda normal. A couple who were Harley folks, very pleasant, just got back from Laconia. Another guy riding a Harley lookalike to his new house (he is moving) then flying back and riding his Triumph to the new home.
Ended the day in Morgantown WV at just under 90 degrees. Big salad and cold beer for dinner across the street.
Odometer tonight = 36749
Miles today = 397

No comments:

Post a Comment