Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday October 11 Las Cruces NM to Casa Grande AZ

Lazy morning so did not get started until 9:00. So-so conti breakfast (toast & coffee), you get what you pay for. I usually stay at Super 8 motels since they are fairly inexpensive and reasonably clean (with a few exceptions). Lot of "working folks" stay there so I run into some great people. Got the headlight swapped out last night and today I need to fix my cutting board kickstand foot I added so the bike doesn't sink in soft stuff (like the sand at White Dunes Natl Park yesterday). I stopped at a hardware store down the street and bought 30 cents worth of hardware to fix the foot. It fell off yesterday when I stopped at the giant pistachio. I noticed they were selling 20 lb bags of pinto beans at
the hardware store so I asked what they were used for. They said folks freeze them and then cook them. Never seen food sold at a hardware store? Back on I-10 and the plan was to cut further south to avoid the cold blast coming south, but it was 50F mid-morning and slowly warmed up to 70F by noon. So I stayed north on I-10 at 60-65 in the right lane. Very comfy and feels safer than the normal two laner (but not as interesting). But I need to get to Nevada. By the time I got to Tucson, it was 92 degrees and I found the storage place near the airport. The nice woman working there had me pull the bike into and empty 5X10 and I reserved one for next Thursday. $37 per month so can't beat that. I was originally going to stay in Tucson, but realized that Arizona was an hour different than the other states so I headed north an hour toward Phoenix. Other than a couple small side trips it was interstate all day, which is working for me this trip (over in the right lane). Cold draft and big salad next door. Nevada tomorrow.

Odometer beginning of trip = 35820
Odometer beginning of day = 39381
Odometer end of day = 39725
Miles today = 344
Miles on trip to date = 3905
Travel days = 11
Zero days = 2
Average miles per traveling day = 355

No comments:

Post a Comment