Sunday, October 6, 2019

Sunday Oct 6 - Chattanooga TN to Anna IL

Today's theme was rain. I said my goodbyes to Gregg and his fun, busy family. Wonderful household with 4 generations under the roof. Reminded me of our farm growing up. I learned a few things from Bonnie about genealogy which I will work on when I get home.
It was not raining when I left and after gassing up around the corner I decided to just put on the rain gear early. Of course it did not rain until around mid-day, and then it really came down. My rain setup is great and stay nice and dry even when it pours. Traffic was well behaved and my new "trick" is to get on the highway and ride at 60 mph. I always have a wide open road in front of me and people pass me safely. I set Google for St Louis and decided to get as far as I could. I am trying to get to Iowa, then Kansas, then Arkansas and then Oklahoma. Then there is only one state left to get to with the bike and it will have been in every state in the lower 48.
Google re-routed me around a big crash and as I headed due west on a small two laner, I saw the big black bank ahead so found a motel 22 mailes later in Anna, IL. Also crossed a time zone somewhere. I took a side trip to the town of Paduka, KY and it turned out to be not worthwhile. Sounded like a neat town, and while they are working on it, it was kinds run down. Sorry Paduka, keep working on it.
There is a great Mexican restaurant a few blocks away but it is pouring rain so I gotta wait for a break and hoof it down there. Iowa tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment