Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Sunday Sept 29 - Starksboro VT to Westminster VT

I finished packing in the morning and as usual started to add things I did not need so did one last check of my list and deemed it close enough. I rode over to Port Henry NY to pickup our EasyPass (lets you go through tool booth automatically), as I would probably be scooting down through the New York City area.
The theme is to finish as many of the lower 48 states as I can. This bike has been in all but about 12 of the lower 48 between my son Jacob's ride in 2017 and my ride last summer (2018). Off the top of my head I think I need Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa and Nevada. I can hit all but two of those on my way to Arizona and if I have time, and the weather is ok, I may be able to jump up to Iowa.
I have a flight home on October 19th from Tucson and the plan is to store the bike in Tucson and then pick it up again in March when Deb and I go to Bisbee for a month next March.
Today is a short ride down to southern Vermont to catch up with my brothers before I go. I called Dick and Lori and they said I was welcome to stay the night. After I got there we went to see my nephew Todd who lives at the end of a road that gives out remote house a run for it's money as far as being out there. Back to D&L's, football game, scotch and bed. Nice catch up day.
Starting Odometer = 35820
Miles Sunday & Monday = 209

No comments:

Post a Comment