Thursday, October 3, 2019

Thursday Oct 3 - Morgantown WV to Georgetown KY

Another hot day hitting 97 degrees again, just like yesterday. I setup another tour at Toyota at the Georgetown KY plant for Friday morning so it's off to Georgetown today. I started by taking back roads but it got so twisted up and confusing with construction and dead-ends in Ohio, I gave up and asked Google to take highways. But it turned out I ended up on 2 and 4 lane open access roads so all was good. Crossed the Ohio river and spent the afternoon in Ohio in the rolling hills of southern Ohio. Things are really dry here. Crop wise there is only corn left drying and some soy that looks ready to go. No equipment in the fields (darn). I hope to see some big ag harvesting going on this trip.
I cut back southwest and re-crossed the Ohio river into Kentucky. The roads are in great shape and I had then to myself. Again really dry with bone dry river beds at one point. I found a motel a couple miles from the plant. I asked the motel desk folks where to get a piece of coconut creme pie and they called around town and found the last piece at a pace called Fava's. I changed and rode downtown (Georgetown), found Fava's and those stinkers already paid for it. Random acts of kindness for sure.
Walked across the street for a beer and a salad, then back to the ranch
Odometer end of day = 37087
Miles today = 338

No comments:

Post a Comment