Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday Oct 5 - Day off in Chattanooga

Gregg and I did more catching up on all his projects, and Bonnie and I compared notes on genealogy, which she has done a lot of. Gregg and I took a ride into town and I got the nickel tour of Chattanooga. We walked along the Tennessee River which the city has capitalized on and there seemed to be outdoor festivals in a couple different places in town with Bluegrass playing and art, crafts, vendors and kids activities. A very hopping place. It seems this is about how far south you go if you do not want to see snow. It gets a little hot here but not as hot as south of here. We had lunch overlooking the park. Then back to Gregg's house stopping for some craft beers on the way back.They have an enormous amount of local breweries here. Feels just like home. Gregg & Bonnie's daughter, and family came back after being gone for the weekend and I enjoyed getting to know them a bit as well.
Looks like tomorrow I head north-west toward Iowa and I may run into some rain, first this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment