Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Returning the Harley and fly back home

I had plenty of time and my back was still killing me so I slept in a bit. Said goodbye to Skip and many thanks for putting me up. It was drizzling so I waited for it to let up and then headed for the bike rental place. The same nice folks were there and could not believe that I had put 2284 miles on the Road King in 7 days. Signed all the papers, getting my soul back, and the kid named Nate drove me to the airport. He worked there and was going to school at MMI (Motorcycle Mechanical Institute) where I had wanted to go 40 years ago (yikes). I love kids this age who love what they do and are fired up to do it. He was also learning computer programming (web site stuff) and was getting married next spring. Everything ahead of him. I had plenty of time in the airport so bought a good quick read and between there and the layover in Detroit, I got half way through the book. Landed in Burlington with fresh snow on the ground. Taxi to work, car home, catch up with Deb, dose of ibuprofin and off to bed, exhausted. It may a couple days to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment