Friday, November 22, 2013

Dublin GA to Greensboro NC

Left Dublin GA at dawn and headed north. Looks like there are 2 or 3 days of warm weather up north so decided to do a loop and see my neice Charlotte and her folks, then swing down through SC and catch up with my other niece Kathy. Found a rt 221 that went north through the puckerbrush and pretty much stayed on it all morning. This road is pretty quiet with some sleepy towns sprinkled in to fuel up the logging trucks (and truckers I imagine). Lots of cotton fields and logging. The cotton must be harvested late because I saw lots of un-harvested fields and lots that had the cotton in bales the size of a trailer (30-40' long, 10' high, 8' wide or so). Not sure how they get these on the trucks?
It was cold through Georgia so I had all my layers on until I got into NC where the temp started rising and got reasonably warm by the end of the day.  The GPS took my right to Pete, Louis and Charlottes house. Louis and I took Char to her dance class and she gave me the nickel tour of Greensboro and a cold local pint. We picked Char up after her class and met Pete for pizza. The back to their house to catch up on Char's school projects, etc. Cloudy grey day but a heck of a lot warmer than home. Tomorrow I have a lazy day since my niece Kathy is coming north with her son and husband to dick hunt and I am meeting them about 160 miles south. We will see what the weather man says in the morning..

No comments:

Post a Comment