Saturday, May 17, 2014

I Need a Little Vacation

I need some vacation!!
So my poor brother has had me calling him over and over and hearing, "I can't go next week, how about June", then "Nope good for next week", then, "Nope, not next week". So  things settled in and here I am at my brother Dave's, picking the strawberry seeds from my teeth from Irene's awesome strawberry rhubarb crisp after a couple cold ones on the sunny deck. It is time for some vacation.
My boy came home from New Mexico and we had a chance to catch up before headed south on the beemer and he headed to Maine to see friends in Portland and also visit his sister (and probably return home with a dump truck load worth of her stuff from college). The original plan was to go down last night (Friday) but it poured so we pushed it back a day. I loaded my little bad with a couple days worth of spare clothes, electronical stuff, and the usual rains gear and warm gear. This is so easy now having done this a few times, and as my brother says, "you can buy anything you forget".
Over the mountain to Jonesville, down Rt 2 (potholes with short interruptions of stone (BMW RT's do not like stone), and the interstate to Putney. I stopped at the cemetery Dummerston where we buried my sister Martha a few weeks ago to see if all was well. The grass is coming in and the stone looks good. I'll miss your stories Sis..
The to Vernon on a lovely sunny warm afternoon (VERMONT IS BEAUTIFUL!!). Dave was getting the intercom technology working and after pushing every combination of buttons we could come up with, we got the Bluetooth working so we can chat. "Chicken and Biscuit place at 2 o'clock".
Rough plan is to head to PA and then to Ohio. Off to bed and start the trip in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment