Thursday, March 19, 2015

Viva Las Elvis

Me, and a few others that got the same extra days re-route through San Fran did make it to Las Vegas and on time. I think the nice guy does ok as one couple that was hollering at those folks in New York about their cancelled flight, ended up on the exact same flight as me, the difference being, they stood in that line for over 2 hours yelling and threatening. I read a book instead, and we both got here late.
My daughter somehow got more gorgeous since the last time I saw her, blonder and healthier from all the outdoor stuff she has been doing (as apposed to grayer and pastier her old man has gotten from working behind a desk in the arctic all winter.
And I would like to remind everyone back home that IT IS WARM HERE!! Sorry, couldn't help myself. I was pretty wiped out and I had to figure out how to get the bike, where to stay tonight and how to get the the wireless show. Hannah had her car and took me to the bike shop. On the way I called Seth, an engineer who was in Vegas at a wireless trade show, and he and his family got a smoking deal at the West Gate so I called West Gate and got a less smoking deal, but not bad in the scheme of things.
Big confusion at the bike shop as they had no record of me reserving a bike, but did have a record of me renting one back in Feb, which they agreed did not actually happen. They had told me all was good last Sunday when I checked that all was ok. They had a bike so we got lunch at their favorite taco place a couple blocks away, and when we got back I had a shiny Heritage Softail waiting. Got Hannah a helmet and kevlar jacket, put some earbuds in and the iPhone talked me through Las Vegas traffic to the hotel. Easy-peasy.
We had a couple long walks to catch up, people watch and get a feel for Vegas. It is a party town for sure. I can't wait to leave.
It got too late for the show, which turned out ok as Seth says the classes and seminars (nerdy stuff, even nerdier than me if thats possible) were good, but the vendor exhibits were not that great. Instead I took a luxurious shower and changed my lived in clothes. We  met Seth and Allare and his 2 great kids and went to a secret hole in the wall Thai place that had great food. At this point I wanted nothing but bed and sleep so called it a day.
And yes, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe are still here, everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment