Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I love the smell of jet fuel early in the morning.. We didn't leave JFK until just before midnight due to immovable travel object #14 which was a flat tire on the plane (I swear I saw cans of "Fix-A-Flat" out there..) and it'a a 7 hr flight to San Francisco. I actually slept fairly well back in cattle class at the Airbus B&B. Lots of movies, but I slept instead. Got here at SFO around 4am (7am back home) and next flight (hopefully it will be pleasantly uneventful) is at 9 to Vegas. Hannah ended up taking the hotel I reserved so I expect her to be sparkly clean and rested. The wireless trade show starts today and I should pick the Harley up this afternoon so should be a busy day and not sure how it is put together yet. The picture is the lovely office they had waiting for me when I got off the plane in SFO. As you can see, not a lot of people here this time of day. The nice policeman cruising the airport on his Segway (they actually sold some of those?) said coffee place opens soon. WiFi is everywhere and it is free. They had free "Beta" WiFi on the plane but I chose sleep (or it chose me I suppose) instead.
I was thinking as we landed with all the lights below of inviting one of my Vermont ancestors to come on the trip and all the questions he or she might have. Working on old diaries and stories from the 1800's this past year helps give me some perspective and appreciation for what we do have (comfort, wealth (relative to the 1800's)) and also what we maybe wandered the wrong way on (self control of our food & energy supply (I got no root cellar or wood shed). But what we have is pretty amazing. OK, off to find that elusive pre-dawn cup of Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment