Saturday, May 8, 2010

OK so I was just finishing up my packing list and thought. "I should Google what other people take on motorcycle trips. I bet there are lots of lists out there." It is useful to look over other peoples lists but after a few "Oh, that's a good idea" cycles I decided I would need the vehicle at left to carry it all. So I called my brother and he helped talk me out of the microwave oven and yes the Snap-On tool box with full BMW electronic diagnostic system would have to go. As he points out, we only drive by motorcycle shops, sporting good stores, pharmacies, etc every 3 hours or so, so the lighter the better. and if I need something, I will find it.
He also helped talk me down from bringing enough layers for the sudden coming of the ice age we are bound to run across. This dressing warm enough Vermont thing is 9 generations deep and I have to adjust. It will be HOT down there, or not..
So here is the list so far:
Camping:
Tent-Bag-Pad-Dish-Cup-Spoon(Spork?)-Towel
Clothes:
Jeans-Shirts-Poly undies-Sox-Boxers-SwimTrunks
Mtc/Jacket/Pants-FroggToggs-Helmet
Hygiene:
Toothbrush/paste/floss-Shaver-Deodorant-TP
Electronics:
Phone/Charger-Netbook/Charger/Mouse-Camera-Earbuds
Other:
DuctTape-Zipties-Sunscreen-Advil-Ziplocks-PlasticBags
License/registration/insurance/copy of each-$$$-Credit/Debit cards
Duffel-backpack-bungees-headlamp-sunglasses-bike lock
-BMW toolkit-Crescent(for thumping porcupines)-Tire guage
Other-Other:
Yankee/Rebel phrase book
Do-it-yourself stomach pump kit (Daves cooking)

OK. Off to town to pick up a few last items...

No comments:

Post a Comment