Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 26 - Going Home

So the picture is of my great grandfather, Joseph Arms Miller, and it probably doesn't belong in this blog of our motorcycle trip, but on the last leg home, I met up with my cousin Sue and we spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to collect all the Miller family pictures, diaries, stories, etc together so more of us Millers can get access to them and help identify who is who in the various pictures floating around out there. My sister Martha passed away this spring and a lot of my family information went with her. I have boxes full of writings and clippings she gave me before she died but I am new to family genealogy and Sue has been at it a while. I think we will be getting together again soon. Dave and I found a long lost cousin James out in Ohio, who moved out there is 1813, but for the most part, all of our people stayed around Vermont, so we should be able to put a lot of this together.

I headed north and just did the interstate thing and got home in a few hours. My odometer shows I went 2609 miles on this trip. My son Jacob is home from New Mexico so I want to spend a couple days with him before he goes back. We went to friends for a Memorial Day barbecue and then home.
So Dave and I are scheming another trip. Somehow we need to get way out west. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment