Saturday, June 30, 2012

Crazy Errand Day

Today was crazy errand day. Pam left her house for us (thank you thank you) to re-organize what was going where. Deb and I talked last night and decided to come back out in mid-August. Pam offered a spot in her garage to store my bike and the plan is to come back out, sight-see with Deb and then ride the old beemer back to Vermont. I had been thinking of doing this for several days and have a lot of vacation time to burn up from the last couple years of happy heavy slaving away at work. Hot dog!!! 
Jeff is hanging out with Pam until his flight Sunday night and the thought was to get Daves bike to theshipping place and crated today, have Jeffs bike picked up at a bike shop down the street on Monday so he could have it Sat and Sun and get another ride in, and my bike stays in Portland. I called Peoria IL and talked to the woman there and she helped us work it all out. Jeff, Deb and I headed to the shipping place with a stop at the bike shop on the way. The bike shop guys said 80% chance of rain this weekend so jeff decided just to ship his bike today. So back to Pams and then to the shipping place. Dave's bike was just getting tied down on it's pallet and Jeff drove his right onto another one. The guy was not crazy about the bicycle on Dave's bike, but after signing off they would not be responsible for any damage to the motorcycle, Dave strapped it on. Dave was headed up to Mt Ranier and Deb and I had errands. Jeff, Deb and I met Pam for lunch on the 30th floor of her office building with a panoramic view of Portland. It is indeed a port town with cranes and dock to unload and load ships. The bridges all raise and lower for the ships to pass and you can see all the Cascade mountains for miles. Jeff decided to do a walking tour of the town and Deb and I had to pick up my tuxedo for the wedding, find the hotel to dump our stuff an then find Beverly and Brett's house for the rehearsal and party. My niece from Paris came in with her husband and their two beautiful kids which was a joy after many years. My sister was already there and I got to meet the hordes of wonderful family and friends.
It was a strange day after 2 weeks of riding. Wedding tomorrow and then train on Sunday, first some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment