Thursday, July 14, 2022

Tuesday - July 12 2022 - Vernon VT to Burlington VT

 

Dave made us pancakes for breakfast (with real maple syrup!), we said our goodbyes and headed north. We Rt91 to Bellows Falls, stopped there and wandered around town. There is dam on the Connecticut River and whay back when, "the falls" was the furthest point north you could get with a boat. They built a canal with 9 locks between 1797 and 1802 to get the boats past. Now I have been coming to Bellows Falls since I was in short pants and never knew any of this. I also never wandered over to what I used to think was New Hampshire and discovered it is an island (kind of) that is still Vermont. It's like found money!! More Vermont.

Then we drove up Rt 103 which is the well worn road I used to take to go between Brattleboro and Burlington on my motorcycle when I went to college. Lots of cold wet memories there. We stopped in Chester which is cute little town. I used to ride past the downtown all thos times and it wasn't until a few years ago I accidentally discovered there was a downtown. Classic cute VT. Coffee in Rutland and then on to Burlington. Hotel and then walk down the street to the Windjammer restaurant where we used to go all those years ago. Place hasn't changed..










No comments:

Post a Comment