Saturday, July 14, 2018

July 14 - Saturday - Buffalo NY to Oswego NY - 180 miles

Good sleep last night and and had a long chat with three students from Toronto returning from Virginia. Sunny and clear sky this morning, but I am supposed to get rain in the afternoon. I punch up Baldwinsville NY on the maps app and she talked me through the outskirts of Buffalo and back into farmland. A lot of nice quiet side roads.
Somehow Google girl sent me all ove, not complaining 'case they were nice roads, but instead of the 3 hrs she said it would be, it took 5 hours to get to Baldwinsville, but it turned out ok, because I get there just when Hannah started her break. She took me to the B'ville Diner which is awesome. Open 24 hours, this place is an institution. I bought a shirt since all mine were on strike and it's a cool shirt.
After some lunch I went back to catch the Corning show which is to real professional glass blowers making this intricate pitcher. Big ovens (electric diesel generators) at 2100 degF on a hot day must wear these folks out.
I met lots of great folks working and volunteering on the Lois McClure, Hannah's boat, where she cooks, and runs the 60hp zodiac, pushing the McClure around, and I met the awesome folks working for Corning on the glass barge. They all seem to get along real well and it sounds like they have fun in these little canal towns. A summer to remember for many.
Headed to Sandy and Herb's for the night, ducking rain clouds and pulled in about 5:30. Tracy and Sandy and Herb were there so got caught up and then felt pretty exhausted, off to bed. Tomorrow I go home!!
Odometer = 29939 - 29759 - 180 miles
29939 - 18289 = 11650 this trip

No comments:

Post a Comment