Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June 8 - Friday - Bar Harbor

Caught up with the family unit and we are staying in a house Deb rented for the week right in downtown Bar Harbor. It is still off-season so Bar Harbor is not too nuts with people yet so pleasant walking around. We walked to Bar Island at low tide and back before the tide came up, and also some walks on the trails around town.
But what I was itching to do was ride the loop around Acadia and up Cadillac Mt, but more than that, I had to use my new Senior National Park Pass!! The park was pretty empty and I pretty much had the roads to myself. I took the baggage all off, but didn't really notice much difference. The Giant Loop bag lets you put all the heavy stuff way down low so there is not high center of gravity issues (those bowling balls are heavy!!).
I stopped at a couple of pullouts ocean side and did a couple short hikes down to the water. This is a nice time of year and it not yet over run with people.
The park folks don't check passes much, but to go on the Acadia Loop Road, you need to show your pass.
Beautiful on top of Cadillac Mt and while the parking lot was pretty full up there, there were lots of motorcycle friendly spots to park. I hiked around the top a bit and then back down to go out to dinner with the family. Perfect weather day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment