Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June 12 - Tuesday - VT to Owego NY

I was ready to go so a quick cup of coffee, piece of toast, and out the door to meet Jeff at 8am. Yesterday (Monday) I ended up working on a last minute software request. I was not too happy, but got it done and handed it off to Sarah (thanks Sarah) so they should be good to go. Lets not talk about Monday..
Jeff was ready to go so a quick stop at the pre-school (Jeff's wife Lisa works there) and off toward the NY bridge. We got re-routed since the normal Rt17 bridge was closed so north to Vergennes and then south again down Rt22A and then west on Rt17 to cross into NY. Jeff grew up in NY so he knows all the back roads so he guided us through some beautiful twisty roads that I had not been on for years. We went through Inlet where Deb and I used to come when the kids were tiny. We rented a small camp for a week for 2 or 3 summers and have lots of great memories of Inlet.
We stopped in Old Forge (did not go to the famous hardware store) and had brunch at Walts Diner, a nice local spot I have been to before. A beemer guy chatted us up and has or has had several BMW motorcycles. No comment on the X300 so like everyone else, I assume he thought I was nuts riding it all the way out west. I may be slow, but I'm happy!!
Quick stop at Jeff's camp way out in the woods. Reminds me of our deer camp when I was a kid except a lot nicer.
So from there is was a quick hop over to Oswego to spend the night with Herb and Sandy, Deb's dad and step-mom. I forgot my water bottle and couldn't find my tire pressure guage so a quick stop at Wally World. Arrived at Herb & Sandy's and Sandy had planned a nice dinner complete with strawberry angel food cake.
Lots of catching up to do over dinner and just caught an Oswego sunset.
Tomorrow looks like some rain. Good night..





No comments:

Post a Comment