Monday, September 4, 2017

Mon Sep 4 - Packed up

Took a while to remember how to log in to the blog, but I'm here. I made a real list this time and I have checked it twice. Leaving for three weeks or so with my brother Dave "out west". Heading down to his place for tonight and then we head to NY state. Seems like I have less stuff in my duffel bag, but I have a tank bag this time so some stuff ended up in there.
I packed everything on the old grey goose, closed the garage door and headed up over App Gap. I have done this ride so many times I know it by heart, and still get caught off guard by the weird radius turns. But I'm older and go slower so not much danger there. South at Waitsfield on Rt 100 and then I got to Granville notch, a truck was crawling along up ahead with a large bird (I think a Heron) flying in front of the truck, up the road. It flew in our lane for a minute or two and then flew into the oncoming lane and pulled up just in time to miss and oncoming Audi. Weirdest thing I have seen in a while.
Then down to Ludlow and Rt 103 south. One exit down to Rt 5 and then stopped in East Putney to see my brother Reed (and his lucky wife and daughter). Quick visit there and the down to Vernon just in time for supper at Dave's.
Dave had a bottle of Pirate Piss banana soda on ice, which I decided to drink after the trip. Where does he get this stuff.
Good chance to catch up and then off to bed in the Little Guy teardrop camper he and Rene have been using to cap in. Very comfy. Tomorrow we head to New York and possible rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment