Friday, July 24, 2015

Aspen to Cortex CO

All those miles in the flat midwest made my tires a little less round than when I started so today was a perfect day to "sharpen" them up. I think the GPS on my phone is still unwinding. It was a whole day of nothing but turns. My neck hurts from gawking at the beautiful mountain vistas. Troy made breakfast and we went over the route for the day. The beemer oil was perfect so i loaded up and said goodbyes. Thanks to Troy and Chris for putting me up and since we almost never see each other, it was good to get acquainted with Chris and catch up with Troy.
For the high season, there was not all that much traffic. The beemer has plenty of power so it is easy to pass folks if things back up anywhere. This route is perfect in that I got to ride the upper part of the Million Dollar Highway (RT550) which I had not been on before, but turned off before Ouray which I have been to. The other roads and passes were stunningly beautiful. I picked up a little drizzle and wore my rain stuff the last half of the day, but it was very light so no big deal.
I got into Cotez a little early and was going to go west to Utah, but when I called around the motels in Montecello they were either booked or really expensive. So good excuse to be a bum and turn in early here in Cortez. And finally found a good Mexican restaurant! Hot shower, and catch up on the blog.













No comments:

Post a Comment