Saturday, May 28, 2011

Off with a bang!!

So it has been a while since my brother Dave and I did a trip and we had such a great trip last year and decided to do it again. This year our plans are the same as last year. To ride somewhere for 2 weeks with absolutely no plan. For a while we have been talking about where to go and we sorta talked about going down the coast. Dave sent me some trip prep items like the above and below.

So this year no camping stuff, and other than that the same stuff. Except Dave has been dabbling in technology and said we might add some goodies to the trip this year. I met him a week before the departure date in Montpelier and he handed the new space age stuff to me. More on that later.
So we planned on me coming down Friday the 20th and leaving Saturday. When we looked at the extended forecast it was calling for rain all up and down the eastern seaboard so we postponed for a week.
Sure enough the weather was crappy all week down south and the final big storm blew through at the end of the week. This of course meant the night before I was going down we had a huge wind, lightning storm that took our phone and internet out. My new proect got hit by lighting (as I found out after we left (thanks Seth for handling that) and Dave had his own issues in southern Vermont managing crews on storm damage. I called him Friday afternoon on my way back and he was still in the office putting fires out but it sounded like his stuff was settling down enough to meet me in Vernon for supper.
So the weather guys had a forecast for "severe" weather in southern Vermont Friday afternoon, which was when I planned to drive down. I put on every layer of everything I had to stay dry and headed south. As it turns out I got a tiny bit wet in White River and a few sprinkles in Brattleboro. The moist moisture I got was the pint of sweat that dripped from under the layers of rain stuff because it was really hot and humid.
So I was ok organized because I had packed the week before and Dave claimed that he wasn't organized but he actually broke tradition and made a list. And it had check marks on it. Show off..
So had a nice supper on the grill and off to bed. Thanks Irene!!

No comments:

Post a Comment